Fashion Designer Course
Our Fashion Design School has lots of news to all Fashion Enthusiasts – Study Fashion Design at Swiss Fashion Academy
Something magical comes up when we have the opportunity to put Passion and Career together in one! Make your dreams a reality and sign up for our Fashion Designer course! Learn from the basics of research and trend studies to the development and final presentation of your own collection.
In addition to the guarantee of professional certification (eduQua certified) at the end of your Fashion Designer Training, our fashion design school provides you with the possibility of the course being taught in German, English, Portuguese, or Spanish. Another advantage is that all our classes are distributed in small groups so that we can guarantee you a better and personalized follow-up during the course.
The Fashion Designer course has a duration of 12 months, being possible for the student to opt for a pre-training in the area through the Cut, Sewing and Modeling course.
09:00 - 17:30
The creations of a Fashion Designer must satisfy the desires of its final customer, not only by the creativity but also by the functionalism of the pieces in question.
The one who chooses to study Fashion Design must have a global vision of the world and its current affairs, in addition to knowledge of sociology and the history of clothing. The profession goes beyond parades and glamorous costumes, it also requires knowledge about production, costs, quality control and sales. The psychological profile of those who wish to be part of this area requires a personality with leadership capacity, innovative, creative, researcher, flexible, enterprising, confident and visionary.
Target Audience of the Fashion Designer Course
The taste for fashion, trends, design and crafts, a creative and curious spirit, are some of the fundamental characteristics for those who want to attend the Fashion Design Training.
Our training is also ideal for those within the fashion world who wish to pursue a career as Image Directors, Coolhunters, Fashion Consultants, or Fashion Communication and Marketing experts in companies in the industry.
Fashion Designer Course – Professional Profile
The Fashion Designer is dedicated to performing in the fashion industry, communicating an idea/trend through the creation of collections of clothes and/or accessories with the proper know-how and which will influence the way a certain target audience will dress.
How do I join the course?
Click on the bottom and follow all the steps to submit your subscription
F.A.Q - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- At least 16 years old;
- Interest in research, fashion, raw materials, market studies, history and trends;
- Love for design and manual skills;
Desire to expand their aesthetic sense and creativity;
No prior technical knowledge (e.g. sewing) is required as the initial modules will prepare you for the subsequent curriculum.
- Complementing the assessment of the student’s performance in school day-to-day life, theoretical tests will also be applied and written assignments will be required to be presented regularly. The ones who choose to study Fashion Design are expected to be available, willing and interested in research on their own and to deepen the theoretical content, as well as training the practical content at the home of the techniques learned in training.
- As a conclusion work, students should organize a fashion show where they will present their creation(s) to a selective audience.
- After passing through this process, you will receive the Diploma of the Swiss Fashion Academy, proving that you have the necessary expertise to practice the profession of Fashion Designer.
EduQua its a Swiss quality certificate for further education institutions
- 10% discount on a second course or workshop, whether on Swiss Beauty Academy, Swiss Fashion Academy, and Swiss Nutrition Academy.
- 5% discount applied on payment of the full amount before the beginning of the professional training (only valid for courses in-classroom longers than 1 month)
Still have questions?
Click on the bottom and get in touch with us
Get to know all the courses we have for you.
Sewing and Tailoring
6 Months | Once a week |
Thursday – 09:00 to 17:30
12 Months | Once a week |
By agreement – 09:00 to 17:30
3 Months | Once a week |
Wednesday – 09:00 to 12:00
Your Future Starts Here
Submit your subscription online and make sure you don’t lose your place!